Mongodb - not valid database version

Hello,
When i opened application logs after upgrade to 2.1.0 version i saw strange communicates.

Log content

[2024-04-10 14:36:09][ERROR ] —
There are new updates available. Updating initialised…
Current Updater Version: 20200512
Newest Update Version: 20200513
(check.py)
[2024-04-10 14:36:09][WARNING ] — The current database version does not match the valid database version. (check.py)

my database have version:

db.adminCommand( { getParameter: 1 , featureCompatibilityVersion: 1 } )
{ featureCompatibilityVersion: { version: '6.0' }, ok: 1 }

and you wrote in subject DATAGERRY 2.1.0 released in Announcements that you support version 6.0

Why i saw that announcement?

1 Like

Hi @marcinw ,
this is an update from DATAGERRY, which updates the types with new properties so that they are compatible with the new version of DATAGERRY, it has nothing to do with MongoDB itself.

Your types should all have now the two additional properties after the update:

• ‘global_template_ids’
  • ‘selectable_as_parent’

Ok for first line where is error i undestand but for second line where is warning what is meaning:
[2024-04-10 14:36:09][WARNING ] — The current database version does not match the valid database version. (**check** .py) ?

1 Like

Hi @marcinw ,
in your initial Message you had this log entry:

Current Updater Version: 20200512
Newest Update Version: 20200513

Your Types and Objects in DATAGERRY had the SCHEMA of the the Version 20200512. In the newest version we needed to extend the Schema by adding new fields ( * ‘global_template_ids’ and
‘selectable_as_parent’).

Therefore we wrote an Update which will automatically update the Types and Objects to the required version (20200513).

So Datagerry was just checking for the version of the objects and then installed the new version to be compatible with the newest update.

It says invalid just because it found version number ‘20200512’ saved as a value in MongoDB but the newest version is ‘20200513’.

BR Adnan

Ok, thanks for the explanation :slight_smile:

Does this mean that it will still work?

“Just checking” is meant to convey a friendly, no-pressure tone, to encourage a response. It ought to imply that datagerry would carry on working. Will datagerry carry working even after mentioning the database version?

Hi @sink1 ,
Yeah everything is fine, this is a planned update. To prevent future confusion with these messages we will update the message text for future releases :).

BR Adnan

1 Like