Field type Reference

These links relate to the user and search issue.

I mentioned the introduction in this thread:

• Reference field 1 type to multiple objects
  • Reference field of many types to many objects

Just looked at [NET-1075] Assign a user to several groups - Jira, i think, just looking at “User can be in several groups” is not was @marcinw meant … it’s about reference fields in general beeing able to store one-to-many (1:N) relations.
There is another post going in that direction: [ Thinking of a ‘n-Field’](Thinking of a 'n-Field'),
examples mentioned there:
n Phone-Numbers that are associated with an SIP account
n IP-Addresses that are associated to a Router
n VLANs that are associated to a Switch
n AV-Pairs in a Radius account
The final conclusion there “try to define the reverse” might help for some cases, but not always ;-).

Hello,
@kstrebel i know that NET-1075 and NET-1078 is not what i described in topic and i don’t know why @sergej.dumler opened task about users in application :slight_smile:

I hope that he read again that topic and check what i wrote in it . i used as a examples type of objects - Users, and type of objects - task to do and then i hope @sergej.dumler will change or open new task in jira :slight_smile:

@kstrebel in many cases I cannot use your suggestion for use

Hi,
with

in many cases I cannot use your suggestion for use

i guess you refer on the “try-the-reverse” … that was not meant as a suggestion from me, it was the closing of that old ER. In my opinion, there’s no way around the 1:N references.

Yes, i had mean your suggestion “try-the-reverse”
In my configuration in this cmdb i could use reverse reference only once or twice cases so that is why for me is very important this topic: reference 1:n

Hello, new management crew!
Could we expect that will be develop this relation 1:n?

Hello @jay, @adnan.smajic

Hello @jay , @adnan.smajic
This solution is needed because it will eliminate many use cases when you have to create subsequent fields relating to the same types of objects in order to select another object

Hi @marcinw ,
we have this topic on our board and will start with the development in the near future. Since it will result in many changes in the code base we first need a solid planning phase before we take the next steps towards this feature.

BR Adnan

Hello @adnan.smajic
This is great news, because this is important functionality in app :slight_smile:

I hope that comes very soon. The non-existence of 1:n is currently preventing us from introducing Datagerry.