- I export all objects to a list incl. public id as csv
- make manual changes in the csv
- afterwards i want to import the new csv again
- when importing objects via csv the check mark for “Update objects if Public ID exists” is set
- after successful import I click on the button “view list”
- in the overview of the object type list I see that my changes have been taken over
The error is that the timestamp for “Creation Time” has been updated.
The timestamp for “Modification Time” should have been updated instead.
I can see this because “no modifications so far” is still displayed under “modification time” and the “creation time” corresponds to the import date.
Since the CMDB is basically a kind of it documentation, this would be a false statement.
it is important that the time is correct.
Also the tab “Log” (located in the object view on the button) display “Action: CREATE” and “Comment: Object was imported”.