Explorer - can't add attachments

Hello,
i Can’t add document in Tab Explorer
Reproduce:

1. Click tab Explorer -> 2. choose Folder -> 3. click button Upload -> 4. see popup Attachments -> 5. I select, move and drop the file -> 6. this file don’t added, now button X and Done are grey and i can’t click and leave from popup (only refresh page (F5) help)
    so i can’t add file and can’t leave from popup to datagerry

2. Click tab Explorer -> 2. choose Folder -> 3. click button Upload -> 4. see popup Attachments -> 5. I select, move and drop the file -> 6. click to upload -> 7. see catalog from i can choose file -> 8. choose one document -> 9. click button Open -10. this file don’t added, now button X and Done are grey and i can’t click and leave from popup (only refresh page (F5) help)

so i can’t add file and can’t leave from popup to datagerry

From any object when i try add file is the same situation
I tried with format docx and pdf (file was print from docx to format pdf)

Hi @marcinw,

thanks for reporting that issue. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce that in our testing environments. Can you please give us some more informations about your environment?

• Which browser do you use? Does it happen in multiple browsers?
  • Can you see any error messages in your browser’s console (Java Script console)
  • Can you see any error messages in the DATAGERRY backend?

Hello,
i use default chrome
i check and saw:

this is from firefox

request entity is too large
but files had only 1,2MB or second 1,5 MB

in backend i don’t saw any information.

When i tried before i can’t on both instances datagerry save files to application but on second instance today i was able to save in application (i mark 2 files together, held, moved to popup and dropped to instance in chrome) strange in one instance work in second not work. i have to check what is different.

few days ago i had update on server maybe this worked? i will keep checking.

Hi @marcinw,

just a first idea on that: Do you use Nginx as a reverse proxy in one of the instances? If so, try the following setting in your nginx.conf:

client_max_body_size 0;

You can find a full configuration example in our docs. If you use a Docker setup with our Nginx docker image, that should already been fixed.

Hello, @mbatz,
Yes it helps, Thank You

By the way:
When were the configurations for nginx changed?
I do not associate this entry in the nginx configuration before

Hi @marcinw,

you are welcome. We changed that in August 2020 with NET-469.

Ahh, ok thanks :slight_smile:

by the way:

Maybe, once a configuration change was made to work properly that needs to be changed after release in other tools (like nginx, rabbit, mongo) to application work properly, one could write in a section Annoucement what is required to change in these tools, or reference for configuration.

I think that if users once created a server with a configuration for the application and everything works, they do not change the configuration of the tools and it is worth informing them about the change;)

This will help everyone and make it easier to informate changes would be important information for current users

Of course this is only my word